+ Responder Tema
Resultados 1 al 10 de 17
- 30/03/2012, 22:28 #1guestGuest
Primera mujer general de 4 estrellas de la USAF.
Wolfenbarger confirmed as 1st female AF 4-star - Air Force News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Air Force Times
The Senate has confirmed Lt. Gen. Janet C. Wolfenbarger as the Air Force’s first female four-star.
Wolfenbarger will take command of Air Force Materiel Command at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, on June 5.
The service’s highest-ranking female now works at the Pentagon as military deputy in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition. She oversees research and development, testing, production and modernization of an annual $40 billion in Air Force programs.
Air Force first: Woman nominated for 4th-star (Feb. 13)
Wolfenbarger tapped to lead Material Command (Feb. 6)
“I am honored to have been confirmed by the Senate for promotion to the rank of general and to serve as commander of Air Force Materiel Command. Until I take command of AFMC, I will continue to focus on the important Air Force acquisition work here at the Pentagon,” Wolfenbarger said in a statement.
Wolfenbarger is a familiar face at Wright-Patterson: She served as vice commander at AFMC from December 2009 to September 2011 under Gen. Donald Hoffman, who is scheduled to retire. She also has held multiple positions in the F-22 system program office and was the F-22 lead program element monitor at the Pentagon. She served as director of the B-2 system program for the Aeronautical Systems Center at Wright-Patterson. She commanded the Mobility Systems Wing of the ASC’s C-17 systems group, led the Air Force Acquisition Center of Excellence at the Pentagon and directed the AFMC Intelligence and Requirements Directorate at Wright-Patterson.
She was among the first group of 157 female cadets to attend the Air Force Academy in 1976. She graduated in 1980 with a degree in engineering sciences. She first worked as a technical intelligence analyst in the Armament Division at Eglin Air Force Base, Fla., then went on to earn a master’s degree in aeronautics and astronautics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1985. She received a master’s in national resource strategy in 1994.
She was promoted to brigadier general in February 2006. She spent less than six months as a major general before being promoted to lieutenant general in December 2009.
Women today make up about 9 percent of general officers in the Air Force: one four-star, three lieutenant generals, 12 major generals and 11 brigadier generals. Women account for 19 percent of the service.
In 2008, Gen. Ann E. Dunwoody, commanding general of the Army Materiel Command, became the first woman in U.S. military history to receive a fourth star.
- 31/03/2012, 00:13 #2
Coño, mirando la foto pensaba que se habían equivocado y que habían puesto la foto de un tío... Los americanos seguro que saben que es una mujer no??"God created AIRCRAFT MECHANICS so pilots can have heroes too"
“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion”
- 31/03/2012, 02:13 #3
1980 Bachelor of Science degree in engineering sciences, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1983 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1985 Master of Science degree in aeronautics and astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
1988 Program Management Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1991 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1994 Master of Science degree in national resource strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. July 1980 - August 1981, technical intelligence analyst, Armament Division, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2. August 1981 - July 1983, communication systems development officer, Electronic Security Command, Kelly AFB, Texas
3. July 1983 - December 1984, student, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass.
4. December 1984 - October 1987, Chief, Strategic Offense Weapons Branch, Headquarters Air Force Systems Command, Andrews AFB, Md.
5. October 1987 - September 1988, executive officer, Headquarters Air Force Systems Command, Andrews AFB, Md.
6. September 1988 - July 1993, Chief, Plans and Strategies Division; Chief, Air Vehicle Analysis and Integration Team; and Chief, F-22 Subsystems Team, F-22 System Program Office, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. July 1993 - June 1994, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
8. June 1994 - June 1997, Lead F-22 Program Element Monitor, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. June 1997 - April 2000, Chief, B-2 Air Vehicle Team, B-2 SPO, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. April 2000 - December 2002, B-2 System Program Director, B-2 SPO, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. December 2002 - July 2005, Commander, C-17 Systems Group, Mobility Systems Wing, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. August 2005 - July 2006, Director, Air Force Acquisition Center of Excellence, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. August 2006 - January 2007, Special Assistant for Command Transformation to the Commander, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. January 2007 - July 2008, Director, Intelligence and Requirements Directorate, and Special Assistant for Command Transformation to the Commander, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. July 2008 - December 2009, Director, Intelligence and Requirements Directorate, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. December 2009 - September 2011, Vice Commander, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
17. September 2011 - present, Military Deputy, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATION
Distinguished Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with one silver and two bronze oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
1996 Kelly Burke Award, Department of the Air Force
2002 and 2004 Stewart Award, Aeronautical Systems Center
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 28, 1980
First Lieutenant May 28, 1982
Captain May 28, 1984
Major Jan. 1, 1990
Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 1993
Colonel Sept. 1, 1998
Brigadier General Feb. 1, 2006
Major General June 26, 2009
Lieutenant General Dec. 3, 2009
(Current as of February 2012)
Fea es con ganas, pero no lo digas muy alto que te manda unos cuantos B52
Air Force Materiel Command - Media GallerySomos guardacostas... Nadie nos aprecia hasta que nos necesita " The guardian "
¡Dadme un VOR, un Radial, un DME y una Carta y volaré zero-zero hasta el mismísimo infierno!
- 31/03/2012, 06:13 #4
Vaya casco balístico lleva en la cabeza incorporado.... Enhorabuena por el ascenso.La vida y la muerte:
"La vida se defiende luchando; la muerte es el mayor premio para el valiente y el mayor castigo para el cobarde."
"Cuanto más sudor en tiempo de paz, menos sangré en tiempo de guerra"
- 31/03/2012, 07:23 #5
Que mal envejecerá Justinio Bieber... !Hazlo o no lo hagas ... pero nunca lo intentes !!!
- 31/03/2012, 08:45 #6
- 31/03/2012, 09:30 #7
Yo lo que flipo es con el pedazo de currículum que tiene la tipa, menudo cocoEste es mi Twitter. Si no le gusta, tengo otro.Vuela siempre muy alto, amigo Schumy. Nunca te olvidaremos, cuidanos desde ahí arriba
- 31/03/2012, 10:49 #8
- 31/03/2012, 12:12 #9
- 31/03/2012, 12:56 #10
No debería de ser noticia.
Desgraciadamente, en el momento que sale a la luz, hey gente que todavía se sorprende, y hoy en día tanto hombres como mujeres estamos al mismo nivel.
El día que esto no sea noticia habremos ganado mucho la sociedad.
- Por ricarair en el foro NoticiasRespuestas: 11Último Mensaje: 15/07/2011, 15:15
- Por guest en el foro NoticiasRespuestas: 2Último Mensaje: 01/07/2011, 19:07
- Por 4PS_Gizmo en el foro NoticiasRespuestas: 27Último Mensaje: 22/06/2011, 18:17
- Por remi04 en el foro Comercial / GeneralRespuestas: 6Último Mensaje: 11/09/2009, 18:47
- Por ELECTRONICA en el foro NoticiasRespuestas: 5Último Mensaje: 29/05/2009, 10:47